The Parasite will come back to MOCAK, happy to help!
On Monday 17 September Arek the Parasite will again come to take up residence at MOCAK. This time he will be realising his project Happy to Help as part of the series The Parasite becomes the Host. The artist will offer his help to the local residents.
Amongst his skills and qualifications the Parasite can number the following:
- A graduate of art;
- A teaching qualification (which enables him to teach art, cultural studies etc);
- Many years of experience in painting, both murals and canvases;
- Good IT literacy and familiarity with computer programmes (Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Corel Draw, Acid Pro, Renoise, Audacity, Soundbooth);
Experience as a computer graphic designer; freelance (seven years), in post (one year);
- Empathy with children (experience in child care);
- Culinary skills: basic level;
- Sanitary skills: basic level, both in the home and outdoors or in the street.
THOSE INTERESTED IN THE PARASITE’S HELP CAN NOW ARRANGE FOR A SESSION WITH AREK!
Project co-ordinator: Jagna Strama
To enrol contact: email@example.com
Project duration: 17-30 September 2012
More info.: http://pasozyt.blogspot.com/p/chetnie-pomoge-z-cyklu-pasozyt-staje.html
The first time that the Parasite resided temporarily at MOCAK was last June, at the opening of the exhibition No Budget Show 4. He spent two weeks here carrying out his art project. This is what the artist had to say about his project: ‘it involves transposing the idea of a parasitic relationship from nature to culture. This enables an artist who has deliberately switched his entire artistic activity into the area of parasitism to live directly and unconventionally off his art. The accommodation and space provided by the host becomes the base which enables the artist to survive; it becomes his starting point for subsequent actions.’