Art of Storytelling. Book Discussion Club
MOCAK Library has launched a Book Discussion Club with the motto Art of Storytelling.
Art of Storytelling is a series of sessions that revolve around books, which raise the theme of art. We aim at free, non-hierarchic discussion on contemporary culture, and hope to bring together a reader community. The sessions will be taking place regularly in MOCAK Library. In the course of three months, we will focus on books that are thematically related to the current exhibitions at the Museum: World War II – Drama, Symbol, Trauma and I Am a Wounded Man: Writer, Actor, Painter, about Wiesław Dymny.
- Saturday 12 January 2020, 6 pm: Maciej Zaremba Bielawski, Dom z dwiema wieżami (The House with Two Towers), trans. from Swedish Mariusz Kalinowski, Wydawnictwo Karakter, Kraków 2018
- Saturday 8 February 2020, 6 pm: Ałbena Grabowska, Matki i córki (Mothers and Daughters), Wydawnictwo Marginesy, Warszawa 2019
- Saturday 22 February 2020, 6 pm: Monika Wąs, Dymny. Życie z diabłami i aniołami (Dymny: Life with Devils and Angels), Wydawnictwo Znak, Kraków 2016
- Saturday 28 March 2020, 6 pm: Robert Seethaler, A Whole Life, trans. Ewa Kochanowska, Wydawnictwo Otwarte, Kraków 2017
Host: Joanna Łępicka – editor and reader. She has lead the discussion reading club in MOCAK Library since April 2019.
No pre-booking necessary. Admission 1 PLN. Sessions in Polish. More info in Polish >>
- Saturday 6 April 2019, 6 pm: Walk Through Walls: A Memoir, Marina Abramović, trans. Anna Bernaczyk, Magdalena Hermanowska, Rebis, Poznań 2018
- Saturday 25 May 2019, 6 pm: Cat’s Eye, Margaret Atwood, trans. Magdalena Konikowska-Putresza, Wielka Litera, Warszawa 2018
- Saturday 22 June 2019, 6 pm: The Blazing World, Siri Hustvedt, trans. Jerzy Kozłowski, W.A.B, Warsaw 2017
- Saturday 13 July 2019, 6 pm: On Beauty, Zadie Smith, trans. Zbigniew Batko, Znak, Kraków 2011